ONE MONTH TO GO: ECOTOPIA BIKETOUR IS GETTING PREPARED? ARE YOU, TOO? ;)
The route has been developed quite clearly on the first part (Berlin > Wien/Bratislava) now. However, it is still a «skeleton», because some places «in between» still need negociation or confirmation. Nevertheless, all the confirmed nodes (places/dates), a new route sketch map and the draft of our day by day schedule are now available on the route page: http://www.ecotopiabiketour.net/?page_id=1149
HELP WITH THE FINE TUNING OF THE ROUTE PLANNING
Between our «nodes», which are basically confirmed places/projects or major cities with various possibilities for us, we have some «white spots» on our map, which would mean wild camping for a couple of days in a row in some cases. Clearly this is not a problem for Ecotopia Biketour ;). But it would be sad to miss interesting projects in those areas, if they were on the way. Please help us with that! Do you know anything interesting or just a nice person with some land to camp on…
- … between Wien and Budapest?
- … between Budapest and Novi Sad?
- … between Zagreb and Novi Sad / Beograd?
- … between Novi Sad / Beograd and Cluj?
- … between Budapest and Cluj?
- … in the rectangle «Zabgreb-Belgrade-Cluj-Budapest»?
HELP PREPARING OUR TOUR FROM HOME
- Add some ideas for media to watch, read or share on the tour to our wiki: https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/2013_Media_Library
- get some of these media and tell us that you will bring them (or directly mark this in the wiki).
- Make suggestions for food stocks that we can buy beforehand (spices, ‘ethically produced/traded’ imported stuff like coffee, etc.): https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/2013_Food
- Make suggestions for places to buy / order food on the way: https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/2013_Food
- Suggest interesting activities during the kick-off days in Berlin (theme specific, bike specific, group dynamics, practical issues): https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/Biketour_2013#Kick-off_days
- Help fundraising! You can write applications to bigger funding sources, such has listed here: https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/Fundraising
- Or host a local fundraising event in your place (see below: DIY example from vienna)
- Prepare useful, thoughtful or funny content for our 2013 booklet: https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/Booklet (To get some inspiration, you can download last year’s booklet here: https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/BT_2012_advertising_material#Booklet )
- Be creative! Use the prepared logo and artwork on http://www.ecotopiabiketour.net/?page_id=2598 to make flyers, leaflets, pages for our booklet, banners, t-shirts, etc.
GET PREPARED PERSONALLY
- Remember that we are going through the region with Europe’s higest density of ticks, which can cause dangerous infections. Depending on your general attitute towards vaccination, you might consider getting a Tick-Borne Encephalitis (TBE) vaccination. Remember: This vaccination comes in 2-3 doses and requires some weeks time between the first and the second shot! Considering that we are leaving in one month already, please manage this a soon as you can!
- For those of you who need visas: Please apply for them in time!
- These are the countries we will definitely go to: Germany, Czech Republic, Austria (all EU, all Schengen Zone)
- We are very likely to go to: Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia (all EU, all Schengen Zone); Croatia (at that time EU, not Schengen Zone); Serbia (not EU, not Schengen Zone)
- Considering going to but less likely than the above: Poland (EU, Schengen Zone); Romania (EU, not Schengen Zone); Bosnia and Herzigowina (not EU, not Schengen Zone)
- Keep in mind that your health insurance might not be «beyond borders»! Not having a health insurance can cause big trouble, especially on a bike trip where the risk of injury is always there. Please also keep in mind that the group cannot pay any emergency fees and that the Biketour as a self-organised project has no legal liability for its participants!
EAT AND DANCE FOR THE BIKE TOUR
Organise parties like this one and raise funds for the bike tour: http://www.ecotopiabiketour.net/?p=2862
Check for this Newsletter in other languages here: https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/Ecotopia_Biketour_Mailing_List_Newsletter_-_20th_June_2013