Over 30 years, the Ecotopia Biketour has grown a huge network of contacts. This is a list of projects and groups that we have visited, collaborated with or with whom we have a lot of personal connections.
- AlterTour: Cycling through France since 2004. In 2022 they will go through South-Eastern France from the 11th of July to the 28th of August. Note that mostly French is spoken on the tour and there is a participation fee of 18–42 € per day.
- Le Permacooltour: A bicycle tour visiting eco villages in France. Not sure if it is happening in 2022.
- Tour de Natur: German pro-environment family-friendly bicycle tour, cycling every summer for 2 weeks since 1991, doing many demonstrations on bikes on the way. In 2022 they probably cycle from 6th of August until the 14th of August through West Germany. Note that the tour is accompanied by police at all times. The cost for the food is shared among the participants, apart from that there is no fee.
- Thighs of Steel: An all-inclusive bicycle tour that uses its high participation fee for supporting refugees. In 2022 they cycle from the 15th of July until the 18th of September from Glasgow to Athens.
Past tours without any known upcoming trips
- Bicicletada Anti-Fracking e Não Convencionais: Anti-Fracking Biketour cycling through Portugal in 2016
- Cooperide: Cycling from Copenhagen to the COP21 climate summit in Paris
- Cycle Ende Gelände 2016: Cycling from Harwich/The Hague (departing Apr 28), Paris (departing Apr 23), Malmö/Hamburg (departing May 3), and Vienna (departing May 1) to the Lausitz anti-coal camp on May 9–16 about 150 km south of Berlin
- Cycle to Ende Gelände 2017: Arriving to Ende Gelände Climate Camp on 22nd of August 2017 from London (16 Aug), Göteborg (07 Aug), Berlin, Göttingen, Thüringen, Wien (05 Aug), Valence, Basel
- Cycling Alternatives (no upcoming tour announced)
- Ecovillage Bike Tour: Spring 2019 in France
- Ferms d’Avenir Tour: cycling across France visiting different ecological farms and organising events about sustainable agriculture for three months in summer 2017 (route map on Facebook)
- Green Riders: A Biketour in 2017 in the USA focused on communal, ecological and healthy living. There was another one in 2019 in Europe.
- Jonglirium / 2wheels4change: Circus group, was cycling from Europe to China and in South America
- Le Halage du Débat: Cycling against nuclear waste from Bure, France to Maastricht, Luxembourg, from 13 to 23 July 2017
- Lausitzcamp on Tour: Cycling against brown coal through Lausitz (Lusatia) region south of Berlin from 21 to 28 of May 2017
- Ohne Kerosin nach Berlin: Multiple German bike tours that cycle from the 20th of August until the 10th of September 2021 from different places in Germany to Berlin to raise awareness for climate change before the upcoming elections. The available information is limited and only available in German, but it looks like sleeping happens in tents on farms and public grounds and food is self-organised along the way, so there is no participation fee. The organisers position themselves against violence and against discrimination. It is not clear whether the protest is registered and police will be present.
- Velokarawane: Cycling in Switzerland for one week from the end of July 2015
- Reclaim Power Tour: Bicycle tour connecting different climate camps in Germany in 2013 (no upcoming tour announced)
- Roll Back the Tracks: Protest against the construction of a high-speed train line, cycling from the 15th to the 20th of August 2021 from Manchester to Birmingham (with an optional continuation to Leeds until the 27th of August), visiting places affected by the construction and local struggles on the way.
- Tour Alternatiba: Cycling for the second time from 9 June to 6 October 2018 through all of France, making a public info event about climate change in every town they pass
- Wanderzirkus AHOI: Circus group that cycled through France in 2014
- Straßenkunsttour: Art-focused bicycle tour through Eastern Europe in 2015
- EYFA: European network supporting grassroots initiatives. Used to organise the Biketour and the Ecotopia Gatherings and is still in good contact with the Biketour.
- Memfarado: Association in Vienna that supported the preparation of the 2014 tour.
- Kryly Khalopa Theatre — radical theatre group focused on political issues, Brest
- Shanti-Dom — yoga farm in the countryside around Minsk
- Minsk Cycling Community — NGO promoting cycling and running a bike kitchen
- Can Masdeu: Squatted «rural-urban» social center in Barcelona, starting point for Ecotopia Biketour 2007 and 2012.
- Degrowth & Research: Academic association dedicated to research around degrowth, involved on Ecotopia Biketour 2012.
- Can Decreix: On french side of Catalunya, it’s a place for experience the pleasure of living in voluntary simplicity.
- Makvärket: A cultural and environmental collective close to Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Flydende By: Building a floating city out of trash.
- Hawila: Collective in Copenhagen living on and restoring a sailing ship.
- Ülase12 — a radical social centre in Tallinn
- Livonsaaren yhteisökylä: Eco-community close to Turku in the archipelago
- Hirvitalo: Social centre in Tampere
- Pyöräpaja: Bike kitchen in Helsinki
- Pyöräpaja Vapaa Ratas: Bike kitchen and flea-market in Turku
- Turun Kirjakahvila: Anarchist book café in Turku
- Stop Bure: Squatted forest against the construction of a nuclear waste plant close to Nancy
- La Pied de Nez: Collectively run bar between Valence and Grenoble
- uN p’Tit véLo dAnS La Tête: Bike kitchen in Grenoble
- Cycling in the north: Travel diary of a Biketour participant cycling in the north of Germany and in Denmark
- Gartencoop: Collective farm and CSA in Freiburg
- SUSI: Housing cooperative in Freiburg
- Scholeio: Social centre in Thessaloniki, Greece
- Paliomilos: Ecological community on Evvia, Greece
- Nea Guinea: Collective focussed on teaching and creating sustainable and self-built things of all kinds
- Radi Vidi Pats — a community bike kitchen and freak bike workshop, Liepaja
- Cita Abra — an old water mill in the countryside being renovated into artist residences and a cultural centre, 60km from Liepaja
- Free Riga — a collective arranging to re-purpose abandoned building into living spaces and social spaces in Riga
- SapfoFest — community organised queer festival in the Baltics
- Emma — radical social centre in Kaunas
- Antras Aukštas — awesome vegan pizza in Kaunas
- Technarium — an open community hacker-space in Vilnius
- AKSC: Social centre in Skopje, Macedonia
- Radical Allotment Gardens, Warsaw — occupied allotment gardens
- Syrena — squatted social centre and bike kitchen in Warsaw
- GAIA: Environmental justice and food sovereignty activist group, involved on Ecotopia 2007 coordination.
- Salvaţi Roşia Montanǎ: Anti-gold mining struggle in Romania
- A Casa: Collective in Cluj Napoca doing lots of different things
- Inex Film: Squat in Belgrade
- Art center: Institution for development and art close to Murska Sobota, Slovenia
- Kontrapunkt: Social centre and workshop space in Malmö
- Liggister upptäcker alternativa boenden: Blog of two cyclists who we met on the way
- Uddebo: Village with a lot of self-organization in the South of Sweden
- Kulturhuset i Jönköping: Social centre in Jönköping
- Permakultur Stjärnsund: Network of permaculture projects around Stjärnsund, about 200 km north-west of Stockholm.
- Cykelköket Göteborg: Bike kitchen in Göteborg
- Syndikalistiskt Forum: Anarchist book-café in Göteborg
- Llama Lloyd: Bicycle-obsessed café in Göteborg
- Kabyssen: Bike kitchen in Uppsala
- Kafé 44: Anarchist Book Café in Stockholm
- La Ferme du Joran: Collective farm and CSA in Orbe close to Lausanne