At the Winter Meeting we decided that the Ecotopia Biketour 2017 will cycle around in Germany, France and possibly Spain and Switzerland. A more specific route will be announced around the middle of March. More concretely, the two options are now:
- Either we start in the east of Spain or south of France in the end of June, and cycle to Cologne (Ende Gelände and climate camp at the end of August)
- Or we start somewhere in the south-west of Germany in the middle of July and cycle towards the Mediterranean Sea (South of France or East of Spain) until mid/end September.
We are looking for initiatives, projects and camps to visit on the way. Please read and spread our Call-out for Projects.
We have in mind to have a Spring Meeting on some week-end in April, probably in Freiburg. This is only a very rough idea, it is not sure whether, when and where it will happen.
Get involved in the preparation
We are looking for people who can contribute in the following ways:
- Read how you can help organising here
- Find or suggest projects and events that share our values that we could visit on the way.
- Help us contacting those projects
- Organize a part of the route, nice roads & cycling paths, wildcamping-spots, projects,…
- Translate texts into any other language
- Help us design flyers and posters
- Spread our flyers and posters or no matter how tell people about the tour
- Give us information about the countries that we pass that might be useful to our journey
If you want to join the preparation process, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.