We will be cycling in Scotland, Ireland and Wales from the end of June until the end of September. We will start on the 26th of June in Edinburgh and then cycle north in the Highlands coming back south through Glasgow (end of July) and then towards a ferry to Ireland. There we will continue from Belfast following the Wild Atlantic Way and then turn inland to Dublin (beginning of September). We will cross the sea again to Wales and cycle there finally reaching Cardiff/Bristol.
We are splitting the route into 5 segments: 2 segments in Scotland, 2 in Ireland and 1 in Wales, so that a smaller group of people can plan each segment.
- Starting in Scotland on June 26 – Edinburgh, highlands, possibly the Isle of Skye, coming to Glasgow
- Arriving on July 25 (latest): Glasgow, Faslane Peace Camp, going down to the ferry (Galloway)
- Entering Ireland in mid-August: Belfast, northern Ireland
- Continuing in Ireland until mid-September: central/southern Ireland, ending in Dublin
- Going to Wales in the second half of September and ending in Cardiff/Bristol
Starting of the tour, Edinburgh plan
- We start on 26th of June, need some days to prepare ourselves
- 29th of June: Edinburgh Anarchist Feminist BookFair 2019
Plan for Glasgow
- 26th of July: critical mass (last Friday of the month)
- 26th-28th of July: possibility of joining The Encontro Street Band Festival
The route and the times are approximate and can change by some days and kilometers.
More information will be added soon!