Here is the latest route update:
It roughly goes like this (concrete Places in lower case, Regions or Landscapes in CAPITAL LETTERS):
Berlin > BRANDENBURG > LAUSITZ > Schluckenauer Zipfel/Šluknovský výběžek > ČECHY(BOHEMIA) > WALDVIERTEL > Wien/Bratislava > BURGENLAND > STEIERMARK > KÄRNTEN/KOROŠKA > Ljubljana > Zagreb > SAVA RIVER / SLAVONIA) > Brčko > Beograd > Novi Sad > BANAT > Timișoara > …….. TRANSILVANIA ? > Cluj ?
Please visit our Route Page (http://www.ecotopiabiketour.net/?page_id=1149) for:
- a detailed Day-by-Day-Plan (will be updated constantly whenever projects, activities and sleeping places are confirmed)
- overview maps and detailed regional maps (we are planning to scan and upload something so that you can print and bring it. If you have detailed regional [bike] maps, please scan them for us!)
PLAY THE GAME: FILL THE GAPS! HELP WITH THE FINE TUNING OF THE ROUTE PLANNING
Between our fixed places we sometimes still need sleeping places for trips from one interesting project to another one, which last longer than one day. Do you know anyone or anything interesting for…
… between Bautzen and Ústí nad Labem (preferably in the Schluckenauer Zipfel/Šluknovský výběžek)
… between Praha, Tabor and WALDVIERTEL?
… between Ljubljana and Zagreb (preferably along the Sava river)?
… along the Sava river in SLAVONIA?
HELP PREPARING OUR TOUR FROM HOME
- Add some ideas for media to watch, read or share on the tour to our wiki: https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/2013_Media_Library
- get some of these media and tell us that you will bring them (or directly mark this in the wiki).
- Make suggestions for food stocks that we can buy beforehand (spices, ‘ethically produced/traded’ imported stuff like coffee, etc.): https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/2013_Food
- Make suggestions for places to buy / order food on the way: https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/2013_Food
- Help with our equipment: Check out https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/Biketour_2013#Things_needed_for_biketour and either suggest and/or get and bring things for the Biketour. Please let us know what you bring (wiki, email), so that others don’t bring the same stuff!
- Help fundraising! You can write applications to bigger funding sources, such has listed here: https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/Fundraising
- Or host a local fundraising event in your place (see below: DIY example from vienna)
- Prepare content for our 2013 booklet: https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/Booklet (To get some inspiration, you can download last year’s booklet here: https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/BT_2012_advertising_material#Booklet )
- Get our Flyer/Poster from https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/BT_2013_advertising_material . Spread them online in your networks or print them out and distribute them in your local environment!
- Donate or lend us a Trailer. Or make us a new trailer!
GET PREPARED PERSONALLY
- Remember that we are going through the region with Europe’s higest density of ticks, which can cause dangerous infections. Depending on your general attitute towards vaccination, you might consider getting a Tick-Borne Encephalitis (TBE) vaccination. Remember: This vaccination comes in 2-3 doses and requires some weeks time between the first and the second shot! Considering that we are leaving in three weeks already you would probably have to get the second short « on the road »….
- For those of you who need visas: Please apply for them in time!
- These are the countries we will definitely go to: Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary (all EU, all Schengen Zone); Croatia (at that time EU, not Schengen Zone); Serbia, Bosnia and Herzigowina (not EU, not Schengen Zone); Romania (EU, not Schengen Zone)
- Keep in mind that your health insurance might not be « beyond borders »! Not having a health insurance can cause big trouble, especially on a bike trip where the risk of injury is always there. Please also keep in mind that the group cannot pay any emergency fees and that the Biketour as a self-organised project has no legal liability for its participants!
- Generally: Inform yourselves about differences, particularities and risks in the regions we go to (and share your research on the wiki or via email!)
BRAINSTORM, STUDY, SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Try to take some time and brainstorm or study about our theme of « Borders ».
- It would be great to share your thoughts beforehand already via our mailing list, in the wiki (https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/Biketour_2013#This_Years_Theme) or on our blog (http://www.ecotopiabiketour.net/?cat=35).
- Dealing with the theme doesn’t need to be in the form of text: Creative artwork, info graphics or abstract expression is also a nice way of getting into it!
- Ecotopia Biketour is an informal learning community. We are all learning from each other. Please think about which specific things you can offer others to learn! Take some time to prepare a workshop or pack some materials with you that can facilitate this skillsharing!
- We will also often be invited to share our knowledge with others. The first concrete thing is that we will be able to hold (spontanious – because the programme is already printed) workshops on the Lausitz Climate Camp. Please have a look at the Camp’s website and its programme (http://www.lausitzcamp.info http://www.lausitzcamp.info/info/aktuelle-programmubersicht/ ; unfortunately in german language only), think about which workshop you or we could offer there and prepare it a bit!
BERLIN OPEN MEETING
Every Thursday we have an Open Meeting at 16:00 in NewYorck im Bethanien (Berlin-Kreuzberg)::::If you are in Berlin feel free to come and meet us!
KICK-OFF DAYS IN BERLIN (JUL 11-15)
We are right now highly busy with putting together a programme for our first three days that we will spend in and around Berlin. The focuses of the days should be: 1) establishing ourselves as a group, getting to know each other and organising ourselves 2) dealing with the theme of « borders » in Berlin, visiting places, collaborate with projects, make a public event/action). 3) Spending some time checking over out bikes, ans pimping them for the long ride!
We’re in contact with quite some people, collectives and places, so it will be hard to squeeze it all into three days, but we’re confident that we’ll put together a cool programme for you! If you’re in Berlin, you can still join the Kick-Off Days Working Group!
Looking forward to meeting many of you very soon!!! And don’t forget: You are the biketour!
READ THIS IN MORE LANGUAGES here OR HELP TRANSLATING: https://wiki.ecotopiabiketour.net/Biketour_2013#Archive_of_Mailing_List_Communications