print page
thebiketour.net - forum
All Categories > Biketour 2006 > route > rome istanbul in bicycle
Total Posts: 1 - Pages (1): [1]
Author: solounfattorementale
Posted: Jun 08 2006 - 05:31
Subject: rome istanbul in bicycle
Hi,
I’ve decided with 3 friends to cycle from Rome to Istanbul (about 1.500 kilometres) passing by 6 countries (Italy, Croatia, Bosnia-Erzegovina, Serbia, Bulgaria and finally Turkey).
In three weeks time, we’ll cross over the part of our planet well known in the past as crossroad of various culture and religions.
We’ve decided to go cycle, travelling on unusual way slowly to be able to enjoy the nature and world around us and to see the distance not as a limit, but having opportunity to travel as in the past.
I write this message because I would like to know if other cyclists would like to cycle some kilometres with us or if someone would give us welcome when we’ll arrive in a new place.
THE TRAVEL:
¨ Start from Rome, passing Adriatic sea by ferry Ancona-Split (Croatia) on July 29th;
¨ Passing on Bosnia and Erzegovina, we’ll visit Mostar and Sarajevo, then Nis (Serbia) which we’ll reach the main road linking the Balkan to Turkey;
¨ Cycling through the Bulgaria, we’ll visit the capital Sofia (about at August, 09th) and go towards the south east , to Plovdid; after we’ll reach Turkish border, near to Edirne, the ancient Adrianopoli. After only hundred kilometres, we’ll arrive at our final destination, Istanbul (about at August, 17th).
For more information visit our site: www.solounfattorementale.it or contact us to: solounfattorementale@tiscali.it
Thanks
Antonio
Total Posts: 1 - Pages (1): [1]
Reply to this thread
 Author and subject 

Enter your message below  Close Tags

arrowbad grinbig grinconfusedcoolsaddoubtevilexclaimideaLOLmadneutralquestionrazzred faceroll eyesshocksmilesurprisewink